13 Questions Ad Agencies Should Ask Prospective Clients
What are the best questions to ask when your ad agency first meets a prospect? Check these out and then submit your favorites
In every prospect meeting, new business people have the opportunity to ask a few good questions. Ask the right ones and you'll find the opportunities you need to win.
Here are 13 good questions for you to try. I'd love to get feedback on the ones you really like, and hope you'll submit some of your own. Then we'll put them to a vote in the future.
- What's the biggest opportunity for you to shine over the next year?
- (To a someone new to their position) What are your 2-3 biggest surprises since taking over this brand/role?
- In what markets do you need to be stronger? Why?
- How might we make your current AOR work better?
- You'd paid your final check for the year. What will make you say "thank you" to your agency?
- What will convince you that an agency is right for you/the job?
- What's your business must-list vs. your business wish-list?
- What do we need to accomplish beyond your standard expectations?
- What are the most successful / least successful programs you have run?
- What's the biggest barrier to achieving your goals?
- What keeps you up at night?
- What role do sales reps play?
- What's your biggest struggle with your top account?